Turkey Picadillo

Turkey Picadillo is a lighter alternative to my favorite Cuban beef picadillo recipe only much leaner, and made with ground turkey instead.

Turkey Picadillo with rice and slaw on a plate.
Turkey Picadillo

Growing up in a Latin home, beef picadillo was on dinner rotation as a kid. It’s also one of the first things I learned how to cook. It’s a 30 minute dish, while it cooks I cook my rice in another pot so everything is ready at the same time. Serve it with a quick slaw for a little acidity and dinner is ready! My family loves it with beef, but some nights I like to switch it up with turkey as a leaner option. I personally am not a fan of 99% lean turkey, it’s too dry for my taste so I use 93% lean ground turkey instead. Leftovers are great in tacos, empanadas or quesadillas.

(more…)

The post Turkey Picadillo appeared first on Skinnytaste.



from Skinnytaste https://ift.tt/3gwZad1

Comments

AD2

AD

Popular Posts

Pages

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *