Gandules Guisados (Stewed Pigeon Peas)

Quick and easy recipe for gandules using canned pigeon peas simmered in a tomato-based sauce. An inexpensive, flavorful Latin side dish!

Gandules Guisados
Gandules Guisados (Stewed Pigeon Peas)

I made this recipe on Instagram and everyone asked me for the recipe, so here it is! We love rice and beans in my house. I make them so many ways, especially since I’m Colombian, my husband’s Puerto Rican, I have family in DR. My family is a melting pot, and our different ethnic cuisines inspire a lot of my recipes, which are often a fusion of all these cultures. Gandules, known as stewed pigeon peas in English, are delicious over rice with these grilled chicken thighs, aka Pollo Sabroso. I always have canned gandules in my pantry, if you do too you can also try my Arroz Con Gandules or Slow Cooker Pork and Gandules Stew.

(more…)

The post Gandules Guisados (Stewed Pigeon Peas) appeared first on Skinnytaste.



from Skinnytaste https://ift.tt/Y0gBTrv

Comments

AD2

AD

Popular Posts

Pages

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *